Saturday, April 27, 2024

A H Andrews 18 inch table globe




It’s been far too long since i wrote an update to the blog! I want to share the globe that came to haunt me for years. Andrews/ CF Weber table globe. This monster is a staggering 18 inch diameter and 32 inches tall .  I’ve been chasing this globe for a very, very long time.  For decades it sat at Murray Hudson Antiquarian Globes,  I inquired, I watched, and waited but I was never able to buy .  That is until one day when I got an email asking if I were still interested and was my offer still good?   Yes and yes!  

In my opinion this is the quintessential Andrews globe, the absolutely massive dish base is one solid piece of wood measuring 16 inches in diameter. In my 20 plus years of collecting I've never run across it's twin.  This globe dates to 1895 based on political boarders and the transitional cartouche which is in itself a rare thing. Andrews / CF Weber, this globe was produced just as the CF Weber company was acquiring the assets of the bankrupt AH Andrews.  
     In 2014  I wrote a post titled, "AH Andrews an in depth perspective "  I featured this globe in that post things have come full circle you might say. 





No comments:

Post a Comment