Thursday, September 4, 2014

On the road: Brimfield Mass

     I'm sitting in my hotel room three days into a four day trip to Brimfield Massachusetts, to call this a huge antiques show would be an understatement.  This is one of the largest antiques shows in the country.  I came in search of globes  ( of course ). But also for an education in antiques, and in that Brimfield did not disappoint.  On the globe front I've seen quite a few and I'm going to post shortly a full blog entry on the state of the market for globes, and antiques in general.
     I've visited my fair share of  fairs, shows, and dealers but nothing like this, The Internet is still THE place to find and trade globes, but it is great to see how globes fit into the overall marketplace.
As collectors it's important to see this perspective.  Please stay tuned ..............

No comments:

Post a Comment